Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Movie

Thinking about my blog, I've decided that A) I need to have shorter posts, B) I need to post more often, and C) I need to post more things that people might be interested in.

Enter "Monday Movie."

What I hope to do is post a movie recommendation each Monday. I always appreciate getting good movie recommendations from people (especially people whose cinematic taste I trust), so I thought I'd offer more suggestions of my own.

What this won't be is an analysis or discussion of movies. I'll still do posts like that from time to time, but for "Monday Movie" I'll just throw out a recommendation and maybe include a few sentences about why I like that movie.

So, without further ado, today's recommendation is Cassandra's Dream. This film was directed by Woody Allen, but is probably the least Allen-esque film I've seen (at least in a while). It's actually quite dark (if still kind of funny at times) and doesn't really have the archetypal "Woody Allen" character in it. Still, it's a great watch.

1 comment: