Monday, March 1, 2010

Movie Monday: The Triplets of Belleville

I have a deep love for animation, so this Movie Monday is the French film The Triplets of Belleville. This movie came out in 2003 and is an affectionate and sometimes bizarre exploration of animation history. It's also a charming and has some great music.

I think it's also worth mentioning that it's very watchable. When I first saw the trailer for this movie I throught it was going to be a somewhat opaque, if enjoyable, musical that would be light on plot. While it does indeed have some great music and the plot requires significant suspension of disbelief, it is still very linear. In other words, I expected this film to be more art-house than it ended up being and it should subsequently appeal to both mainstream and indie audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment