Monday, June 22, 2009

Fictional Cafe: Menu Pictures


As Laura and I make items from our Fictional Cafe, I'll try to post pictures to entice you to make a fictional visit.  Below is Laura's Strawberry Short Cake.  Notice the cake is not a nasty sponge-like material, but rather a dense and delicious biscuit cake. 
Here are the strawberries being prepared.  Notice the bowl in which they are being juiced.  It is best to leave them for as long as possible in a lot of sugar.  


These are the no-bake cookies.  Notice that they are bars.  Also, they include extra ingredients, like coconut.  I remember when I first had no-bake cookies that weren't made from this recipe and wondered how they could be so plain (and they were from the usually wonderful Provo Bakery, no less).  Anyway, the point is that these are fantastic.  


2 comments:

  1. I have to stop reading your blog when I'm hungry. What's the deal with putting up the PICTURES? Now I can't think of anything else I'd rather eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I not gushed over these pictures yet!?!? Really, I miss the cake parties, pizza parties, and basically, any cooking that comes out of your home.

    ReplyDelete